Videotutorial gratuiti sulla Boris TV
Boris FX ha lanciato il nuovo servizio gratuito Boris TV, con cui mette a disposizione degli utenti videotutorial sui propri prodotti.
Attualmente sono disponibili ben 20 video, aggiornati costantemente con una cadenza di un nuovo tutorial quasi ogni settimana.
Di seguito il comunicato stampa ufficiale in inglese:
Free Training Videos on Boris TV
Boris TV is a web-based video training outlet that is available free to all customers. It currently features over 20 short episodes on various Boris FX products with a new training video added almost every week. If you cannot find a particular effect, be sure to use the search box located at the top of each Boris FX web page.
Enjoy the show!
Recent training videos include:
Creating Transitions with BCC 6 AE’s Swish Pan Filter
• Duration: 5 minutes and 27 seconds
• Description: Editors use transitions as a way to cut between scenes, typically creating an animated effect such as a dissolve or blur at the end of the outgoing clip and the beginning of the incoming clip. While most modern NLE systems ship with standard wipe transitions, there are some transition styles that are more of an in-camera effect rather than a synthesized gradient wipe or block dissolve. One of these effects, known as a "Swish Pan," is created by panning the camera very quickly in a 180 degree arc, creating the look of a fast blur between the outgoing and incoming clips. Continuing in the tradition of making visual effects easy to create, Boris Continuum Complete 6 AE now includes a Swish Pan transition filter which is available free for BCC 6 AE users. In this video tutorial, we’ll use the new BCC 6 Swish Pan filter to transition between a pair of clips.
Create Extruded Text
• Duration: 7 minutes and 6 seconds
• Description: This new video tutorial shows you the basics of using BCC Extruded Text in Adobe After Effects. BCC Extruded Text belongs to the 3D Objects category of filters which is new to Boris Continuum Complete 6. These stunning OpenGL-based filters use vertex and pixel shaders that enable the generation of animated 3D shatter, bulge, bend, taper, twist, ripple, and wave effects. You can also create reflection or texture maps for the generated 3D text – from any image or video clip in the After Effects timeline.
Repair DV Footage
• Duration: 4 minutes and 18 seconds
• Description: DV video is prone to jaggy edges and compression artifacts. BCC 6 AE’s new DV Fixer will greatly improve the look of your clip without sacrificing image detail or quality. Watch how it’s done inside Adobe After Effects CS4.
Put Electronic Makeup On Your Talent
• Duration: 8 minutes and 7 seconds
• Description: BCC Smooth Tone is an image restoration filter that smoothes out skin imperfections while maintaining image detail and contrast in areas such as hair and eyes. This video goes over the basics of applying the filter to a clip in AE and provides a brief lesson on how to use PixelChooser to increase the filter’s effectiveness.